Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dear Parents,

OOPS!! Yesterday I attempted to add a live link to the California State Standards in the blog, and today I discovered I hadn't even published it! I'm sorry about that.

Today the children finished the Science Test Part II! Tomorrow they will take the Mathematics tests both Parts I and II. They'll have plenty of time, and a nice long break between tests. (The state says to give them 10 minutes--I don't think that's enough time.)

Tomorrow is our first REWARD DAY! I'm so proud of this class. They have improved so much and in so many ways over the course of the last four weeks. Today they earned their fifth straight 10 in a row. They now act and feel (to me) like any of the good classes I've taught over my many years in the classroom, and that's great.

Tomorrow they will watch "From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler", which was made from one of my favorite stories. It's from a Newbery Award Winning book by E.L. Konigsburg. After lunch they will each have a Drumstick ice cream cone to enjoy. Mrs. Calkins has agreed to go to the store to buy them for me since there's no time to do so during my short lunch period.

Today the students were also rewarded for all their good behavior and patience this week--testing takes patience!--by having extra P.E. They had quite a good kickball game.

Please don't forget that the ABC State Report is due one week from today. I'm expecting the children to work on them at home since they have no other homework during testing. (I've also collected all the math books, readers, and social studies books. However, that does not mean that there are no more lessons or assignments. They will be kept busy between now and the end of the school year for sure!)

Have a good evening!

Sincerely,
Ruth Landmann

No comments:

Post a Comment