Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day, May 9, 2010

Dear Parents,

I hope you've enjoyed this wonderful weekend, particularly today.

This week I'll be teaching the students about tessellations with pattern blocks. I'll also start a unit on nutrition, and do work on reading comprehension. In addition to that, I'll resume reading the book, The Lost Prince.

This coming Friday is the Walk for the Arts. This has two aspects to it. The first part is asking families to donate out-grown, but still in good shape shoes that will be sent to Haiti. The second part is about raising money. The children have had a couple weeks now to gather sponsors for the Walk for the Arts. It is hoped that each child will raise at least $25 to help support the SPECTRA art program at our school.

When you're on campus and see David, our wonderful custodian, please thank him for raising the desks in Room 28. (They were too low for many students in the class, and I asked him to raise them for the kids that needed it.) I also asked him to check out the lights, and he replaced all the burned out lights in the classroom, so now the classroom is a lot brighter than it was. He also replaced the burned out light that is outside the door.

That's it for today. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Ruth Landmann

No comments:

Post a Comment