Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day of the Teacher Luncheon, May 4, 2010

Dear Parents,

Thank you to those of you who contributed and helped with the delightful luncheon today. I heard several teachers say that it was the best ever! I know that I certainly enjoyed a wonderful taco salad (without the tortilla).

Today the students completed the first part of the ELA test. Tomorrow they'll complete part II, and the two children who were absent yesterday will take the first part of the science test later in the morning.

Today the students earned the THIRD 10 on consecutive days! I think the reward will be Friday afternoon. They voted on what they wanted, and the consensus was a movie and ice cream. I will discuss this with the class some more tomorrow.

Tomorrow is library day, so all the library books are due back tomorrow. Last week we didn't have too many overdue books, so that was terrific!

The ABC State Report is due a week from Thursday, May 13th. I don't accept late reports. If a child is ill on that day, please send the completed report to school with a sibling or bring it by yourself. They've have 5 weeks to work on it. I know that most students have nearly completed their reports.

That's it for today. Enjoy this beautiful weather!

Sincerely,
Ruth Landmann

No comments:

Post a Comment